Job posting – Project Manager
The Agri-food Management Institute (AMI) is looking for a Project Manager to oversee a diverse array of educational and learning programs delivered to the agri-food community. The ideal candidate will have an inherent desire to help agri-food enterprises achieve their goals through business management practices, collaboration and innovation.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will become an integral member of a small team providing oversight and coordination of strategic projects and ongoing program delivery. Being a positive point of contact for the organization, assisting in knowing available resources and helping agri-food businesses find the resources they need is a key part of the work we do at AMI.
Key accountabilities include:
Key Responsibility 1. Project Management Time: 45%
- Assisting in developing and prioritizing a yearly work plan responding to agri-food industry business management training and learning needs
- Assisting in the effective development, delivery, reporting and evaluation of programs to ensure objectives are delivered on time and on budget.
- Managing the project status including financial tracking, scheduling and performance
- Assist with the analysis and reporting of program design and delivery capabilities, leveraging the appropriate evaluation frameworks that contribute to continuous improvement,
Key Responsibility 2. Communications Time: 35%
- Managing the communications portfolio delivering on the established communications plan
- Scheduling advertising campaigns, organizing relevant content, adhering to a communications schedule to increase awareness and utilization of resources and workshops
- Deliver e-blasts, maintain and update website (basic CRM), assist with social media
Key Responsibility 3. Administrative Support Time: 20%
- General administrative duties including managing and maintaining official project records to include budgets, reporting, and general office duties
- Assist with Board meetings including scheduling, recording minutes, and maintaining documents.
Some travel will be required, a current valid driver’s license is required.
- This position requires experience with project management with a proven track record of effectively managing change in a dynamic project environment and managing demanding timelines
- Experience that has clearly demonstrated proficiency in personal relationship skills and organizational skills, including clear communication skills, attention to detail and goal achievement
- A post-secondary degree in related fields (e.g. rural development, capacity building, agri-food business and economics) or comparable experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of business management and development practices commonly used in the Ontario agri-food sector is considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills with experience in all aspects of MS Office
- Team player with ability to work with many industry partners
Projects Manager – Full time, 1-year contract with possibility of extension. Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
Location: 100 Stone Road West, Unit 303, Guelph, Ontario
Please submit your resume and cover letter by June 22, 2018 to Ashley Honsberger, Executive Director by emailing: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.